Greg Field is the Principal responsible for Business Aspect’s Federal Government and ACT business.
In the Department of Industry and its predecessor organisation the Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism, Greg was Chief Information Officer and Head of Corporate Services respectively at the SES Band 2 level. After a secondment to the Department of Finance working on the whole of Government shared services initiative, he worked on designing a better data architecture for the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector, in conjunction with the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER).
Prior to joining the Australian Public Service, Greg was General Manager of the Australian Institute of Management in the ACT; Managing Partner of Ernst & Young in Canberra; and Chief Finance and Information Officer of the Australian Trade Commission (Austrade), at the Deputy Secretary (SES Band 3) level.
He was previously a Partner in PricewaterhouseCoopers, where he worked for 16 years, and briefly an Executive in IBM following the sale of PwC Consulting to IBM in 2002.
Greg has previously been a member of:
- Lifeline Australia National Board (Deputy Board Chair, and Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee)
- Institute of Public Administration (ACT Division) Council (and Chair of the Governance Committee)
- CPA Australia’s ACT Divisional Council (past President)
- CPA Australia’s Representative Council (this is the body that appoints the CPA Australia Board on behalf of members)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ACT Division) Council
- CPA Australia Commonwealth Government CFO Forum Steering Committee
- Commonwealth Government CIO Forum Steering Committee
- Australian Institute of International Affairs National Council (and Treasurer)
For a number of years, he was an active member - and Treasurer - of the Hoskingtown-Rossi Bush Fire Brigade.