Supporting the Walk to Save Our Sons
Business Aspect’s newest team member, Carsten Larsen (pictured) will participate in the charity Save Our Sons event, Walk to Save Our Sons on 12 May 2015 in Canberra to help raise funds for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
Business Aspect is pleased to donate $5000 to the Walk to Save Our Sons which aims to raise money and awareness for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD). DMD is a fatal condition characterised by an aggressive muscle degeneration that leads to the inability to walk and eventually death. It is the number one genetic killer of young boys in the world.
On Friday 1 May 2015, Elie Eid, father and founder of the Save Our Sons charity will commence a 320km Walk to Save Our Sons from the Sydney headquarters to Parliament House in Canberra, pushing his 10-year old son, Emilio in a wheelchair.
Accompanying Elie at the start of the walk are Save Our Sons ambassadors, Mark Geyer, Terry Lamb, Angry Anderson and Home and Away’s Ada Nicodemou and Lynne McGranger. Ultra-marathon athlete and politician Pat Farmer will walk with Elie into Canberra.
Canberra based Business Aspect team member Carsten Larsen, a 25-year veteran in management and ICT has brought this heartfelt cause to Business Aspect’s attention. Carsten’s 10 year old son, Jamie (pictured), has been challenged with the DMD condition since birth. Fortuitously, his most recent medical update outlined that Jamie is doing well for his age and enjoying good mobility for someone with his condition. Carsten and his family actively work to support Jamie, build awareness of the condition and raise funds for research and treatment.
Carsten will participate in the walk into Canberra with his son Jamie, arriving at Parliament House to be greeted by Australia’s Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, on Tuesday 12 May 2015.
Business Aspect is proud to support a cause close to home and wishes Carsten, Jamie and their family all the best along their journey.
Walk to Save Our Sons itinerary:
- Wednesday 29 April 2015, 8am – James Reid, Scott Hingston, Scott Watson and Brendan Fisher begin run at Nobby’s Beach, Newcastle.
- Friday 1 May 2015, approx. 7am – James Reid’s team conclude run at SOS Head Quarters, Sydney.
- Friday 1 May 2015, approx. 7:30am – Elie and Emilio begin their Walk To Save Our Sons at SOS Quarters in Dulwich Hill, Sydney, with a group of ardent supporters of the charity.
- 1 - 12 May 2015 – Elie and Emilio will walk through towns and suburbs including Parramatta, Liverpool, Bowral and Goulburn before reaching Canberra.
- 12 May 2015 – Carsten, Jamie, Elie and Emilio conclude walk at Parliament House, Canberra.